Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mom Hair


As of 24 hours ago, I was one step away from wearing mom jeans. Since I found out I was pregnant in 2009, I slowly slipped into the mom style abyss. I'm not exactly a fashion and beauty connoisseur, but I put a fair amount of effort into my appearance when venturing into public. So, imagine my horror when I was viewing the family photo album with Scooter last weekend and, right before my eyes, I witnessed my progression into a complete and utter mess (not even a hot mess.) I mean, it was like an episode of What Not To Wear, but without the $5,000 consolation prize. Thinking back, I can honestly remember key points when I just stopped caring. Around three months pregnant, I stopped getting my hair done. Around seven months pregnant, I stopped wearing makeup. Then after Scooter was born, I pretty much stopped wearing jeans, non-sports bras, and any shirt that was not a tee or hooded sweatshirt.

I swiftly scheduled an appointment with my stylist. I was also motivated by the fact that the hubs wouldn't give me a direct answer when I asked if my appearance had been a little lacking. I mean, this is the guy who's idea of beauty is using shampoo instead of bar soap. So, two hours in the salon and a lot of gossip later, my hair no longer resembles an English Sheepdog. I've got my sexy bang and layers back and actually styled them this morning, even though I wasn't going anywhere. I've also taken the first steps to accomplishing my New Year's Resolution to get back in shape. Amazing what a little pampering a beauty can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment