Thursday, January 6, 2011

Simple Pleasures

When I opened my can of coffee this morning and got that first delicious sniff, I started thinking of some of the other simple pleasures in my life...
  • The first shoots of daffodils peaking through the ground in March.
  • The feeling of getting into a freshly made bed.
  • The first day of having my Christmas decorations up.
  • The first day of not having my Christmas decorations up.
  • Harvesting vegetables and flowers grown in my own garden.
  • Turning the clocks forward so I'm no longer waking up before the sun.
  • Finding an unexpected card or magazine in the mail.
  • Winning an item at auction.
  • The smell of scented candles burning.
  • The feeling of walking in public when you know you are looking smoking hot.
  • The sound of my high heels on pavement.
  • The smell of a campfire.
  • The silent stillness after a snow fall.
  • Finding my bread dough has risen (even though that's what's it suppose to do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment